This recipe came into being because it’s what I had left in the pantry and freezer, it got a 5 star review from my guy, and was simple to throw together. It looks like a lot of steps but it’s very easy. Buon Apetito!
16 oz Bucatini Pasta or similar
1 white or yellow onion, diced small
6 cloves garlic, separated into 4 & 2, minced or diced small
1/2 cup mushrooms of your choosing
1 cup peas
1 tsp flour
1/2 cup vegetable broth
Salt & Pepper
1. Boil water over high heat in large stock pot, add peas and noodles, cook noodles according to package directions, drain, set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, in sauté pan add olive oil, chopped onions, sprinkle with salt, cook until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms, cook down until water evaporates, then sprinkle with a light dusting of sugar to help caramelize the mushrooms and onions. Cook for another two minutes, making sure they don’t burn.
3. Over low heat, add 4 minced garlic cloves to mushroom onion mixture, sauté around 30-40 seconds until fragrant.
4. Coat mixture with flour, stir to combine, continue cooking another minute.
5. Using your vegetable stock or broth, add enough to just cover mixture. Over medium heat, bring to boil. Allow to simmer until mixture thickens to desired saucy consistency. Add more broth if necessary.
6. Return noodles to stock pot.
7. In a separate, smaller sauté pan add 2 Tbsp of olive oil, heat for a minute, add remaining minced garlic to oil. Cook 30 seconds, watch that oil doesn’t burn. Carefully, pour oil & garlic over noodles & peas, stir to coat.
8. Add mushroom mixture to peas & noodles, stir to combine. Salt & pepper to taste.
Serve & Enjoy!