16 oz Rotini or Fusilli Pasta
1 Onion, diced
2 Zucchini, sliced into rounds and halved
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp chili pepper
1. In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta, cook according to package directions. Drain, set aside.
2. In a medium pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and diced onion, sprinkle generously with salt. Saute onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add minced garlic to onion, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant, remove from heat and set aside in separate bowl.
4. In the same pan you cooked the onions and garlic in, over medium heat, add a full tablespoon of olive oil and add zucchini rounds. Make sure rounds are flat so they get some color. Cook about 4 minutes, then stir and/or flip zucchinis so the other side gets browned. Cook another 4 minutes.
5. Add ¼ tsp chili pepper to zucchini. Stir again, cook another 4 minutes. Turn off heat.
5. Return drained pasta to pot, add zucchini and any oil left in the pan to the noodles. Pour onion and garlic mix over noodles. Stir until thoroughly combined. Add additional olive oil if pasta is dry.
Salt and Pepper to Taste.
Serve and Enjoy!