6 yellow potatoes , small cubes
1 white or yellow onion, diced
3 cloves chopped garlic
2 Tbsp Flour
1 1/2 cups non dairy milk
3 cups vegetable stock or water
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Marjoram
Smoked Tofu – Crumbled, Optional
Salt & Pepper
Prepare all vegetables beforehand to speed up the process.
1. In a medium stock pot or large sauce pan, heat oil over medium high heat, add diced onions. Sauté 5 minutes, lower heat as needed
2. Add chopped garlic, cook additional 1 minute. Add spices to onions, stir to combine.
3. Add Flour to onions and garlic, stir, cook additional 1 minute.
4. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly until you get a thick sauce. Add potatoes to sauce.
5. Add vegetable stock (or water) a cup at a time , stir thoroughly each cup so no lumps remain.
6. Stir in tomato paste and Apple Cider Vinegar
7. Bring to a boil, then lower head and simmer between 30-45 minutes, depending on your potatoes. Fork check after 30 minutes and go from there, potatoes should be fork tender for soup to be done. You may need to add extra water to complete cooking.
8. While goulash simmers, crumble smoked tofu if using, then sauté with a generous pour of oil & sprinkle with salt, in medium pan until crispy. Sprinkle over goulash for garnish.
Check goulash, if potatoes are done, add salt & pepper to taste.