Give these a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed 🥔 The cooking method is the secret to success!
2 large russet potatoes
2 1/4 cups regular almond milk
1 1/4 cups vegan shredded cheddar cheese (I tossed some vegan mozzarella in too just because I had extra)
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350 (F)
Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan (or 8×8 for deeper stack) set aside
- Peel potatoes, cut into 1/4” in slices
- In stock pot, add sliced potatoes to almond milk, add salt & pepper (1/2 tsp each to begin)
- Bring milk to simmer over medium heat, simmer potatoes for 15 minutes
- With slotted spoon or slotted spatula, remove potatoes from pot, layer evenly in prepared baking dish, being careful to remove as little milk as possible. Salt & pepper each layer of potatoes to taste
- Return attention to milk in pot, add 1 cup cheese to milk, bring up to a boil, boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Don’t panic, it will thicken!
- Pour sauce over potatoes, sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil – bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover potatoes, cook 15 minutes.
- Bring oven to low broil, place pan on top shelf, broil on low for 10-12 minutes, watching closely that it doesn’t scorch! Once browned to your liking, remove, let cool for 5-10 minutes & enjoy!
Let me know if you try it!